|Military, Veteran & Family Resources |
GOVERNMENT RESOURCES: VETERANS AND ACTIVE-DUTY MILITARY
U. S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- A government department with cabinet-level status that provides a comprehensive system of assistance for Veterans of the United States. The Department has three main subdivisions: Veterans Health Administration, Veterans Benefits Administration, and National Cemetery Administration.
Veterans Health Administration
- The United States’ largest integrated health care system consisting of medical centers, community-basedoutpatient clinics, community living centers, Vet Centers and Domiciliaries.
Hampton VA Medical Center
- The Hampton VA Medical Center provides health care services to Veterans in eastern Virginia, and northeastern North Carolina., including comprehensive primary and specialty care in medicine, surgery, and psychiatry. It recently opened a state-of-the-art Women’s Clinic designed to provide gender specific care under one roof. Additional expansions at the medical center include the Spinal Cord Injury Unit and Mental Health Unit.
Veterans Service Records, National Archives
- Obtain your military records.
Military One Source
- Military One Source portal is to support and maintain mission readiness for Army, Navy, Marine, and Air Force by assisting individuals and families with adaptation to the challenges and demands of military operations and lifestyle using social media tools with one simple click. To locate Department of Defense policies, procedures, timely articles, cutting edge social media tools, and support, explore Military One Source.
The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) Program
- The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) Program is an employment assistance program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation.
Langley Airman & Family Readiness Center
- The Airman & Family Readiness Center supports individuals, families, and leadership with programs and services to strengthen communities, encourage self-sufficiency, enhance mission readiness and ease adaptation to the Air Force way of life. A&FRC provides workshops and individual consultations for active duty members, Guard, Reserve, DOD Civilians, military retirees and their eiligible family members
US Army Survivor Outreach Services
- Survivor Outreach Services is the official Army program designed to provide long term support to surviving Families of Fallen Soldiers
Virginia Department of Veterans Services
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services (DVS) offers a range of services for veterans and their family members—everything from assistance with filing for claims to certifying educational programs. The website also provides links to fast breaking news and announcements of interest to the military and veteran communities.
Virginia Veteran and Family Support | Virginia Department of Veteran Services
- Veteran and Family Support (VVFS) (formerly the Virginia Wounded Warrior Program) monitors and coordinates behavioral health, rehabilitative, and supportive services through an integrated, and responsive system of care.
DMV To Go
- DMV 2 Go is a fleet of five mobile customer service centers that bring Department of Motor Services (DMV) services to Virginians at convenient locations, including military bases.
OTHER FAMILY SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS
VETERAN SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS (with local chapters)